Sandi Hargette Scholarship
This scholarship has been established in memory of Sandi Hargette, a valued NCDONA member. It will be awarded to a nursing student enrolled in an accredited nursing program and currently work in the long-term care setting. The candidate must have chosen Long Term Care or Geriatrics as their practice area after graduation. Nursing students in an undergraduate or graduate program are also eligible to apply for this scholarship. The following guidelines have been developed for this scholarship.
- Proof of acceptance to a nursing program for the 2021-22 academic year and accreditation must accompany the application.
- Applicant must make a commitment to practice in long term care and/or post-acute care
for at least two years after graduation.
- Applicant should include an organized list of school-related expenses with a final total.
- Applicant must submit with their application, a double-spaced typed/word-processed
essay of NO LESS THAN 100 WORDS.
This essay must include the following:
– Describe why you have chosen nursing as a career.
– Discuss why you are seeking this degree and how it will impact your nursing practice.
– Describe your commitment to the nursing profession, including your goals for your nursing career after graduation.
- Please submit a headshot in .jpeg format electronically as an attachment.
- Applicant cannot be awarded more than one NADONA scholarship in any one year.
- Scholarship monies in any amount are not required to be awarded if only one applicant
An application must be received no later than May 1, 2021.
An application must be completed in full for ANY consideration.
All scholarship awards will be made payable directly to the educational institution and institution contact name listed.
Scholarship Application Information
STEP ONE: Download the scholarship application, (PDF).
STEP TWO: Complete the application and attach all requested items and documentation.
STEP THREE: Mail all applications and documents in one envelope to the following address:
PO BOX 30164
Winston-Salem, NC 27130-0164
Scan in all of your documents, application, etc. and email to the following email address: